Table of Contents
- What are the Typical Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- What are the Typical Motorcycle Injuries?
- Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases
- How Krasney Law Can Help You
With its scenic highways and stunning coastal paths, it’s no wonder that motorcycle riding is a beloved pastime for many Californians. Rancho Cucamonga is one such place in Southern California with one of the busiest highways in the US that is a paradise for motorcyclists.
Unfortunately, this area is also prone to accidents. Consider this. Every year, around 4,000 motorcyclists lose their lives in highway accidents, and about 80,000 riders get injured in traffic accidents. Per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports of motorcycle accidents, 80% lead to death or injuries while it is only 20% in the case of car accidents.
Motorcycle riding is more dangerous than car driving because of the vehicle size and limited protection that it provides. Additionally, in the unfortunate event of a crash, the smaller size of motorcycles increases the likelihood of riders and passengers being forcefully propelled to greater distances, intensifying the potential for severe injuries.
Even if a rider is very experienced and careful, the carelessness of other drivers can quickly change their life forever. Often, such accidents due to negligence are fatal.
If you (or someone) is involved in a motorcycle accident (caused by a third party) in Rancho Cucamonga, it is crucial to seek the guidance of a skilled accident attorney in the area. Their expertise and support can make a significant difference in building and fighting your case.
Krasney Law is a renowned and prestigious law firm that specializes in motorcycle accidents in California. They are experts in handling all kinds of vehicle accidents, crashes, falls, personal injuries, and collisions.
What are the Typical Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
There are several common causes of motorcycle accidents. Some of the most prevalent factors include:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who engage in activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, or using in-car technology can easily overlook motorcycles on the road.
- Left-Turn Collisions: Accidents often occur when a car or other vehicle makes a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle, misjudging the distance or speed of the motorcycle.
- Lane Changes/Splitting: Motorcycle accidents can happen when a vehicle changes lanes without properly checking blind spots, leading to collisions with motorcycles in adjacent lanes.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces a driver’s ability to react to sudden changes in traffic conditions, making it more challenging to avoid colliding with a motorcycle.
- Intoxication: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly impairs a driver’s judgment, reaction time, and coordination, posing a grave danger to motorcyclists.
- Failure to Yield: Drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcycles at intersections or while making turns contribute to a significant number of accidents.
- Road Conditions: Hazards like potholes, uneven surfaces, loose gravel, or debris on the road can lead to loss of control for motorcyclists, resulting in accidents.
- Visibility: Poor visibility, lack of road lights, fog, etc can cause accidents.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Motorcyclists who lack experience or proper training may struggle to handle unexpected situations on the road, increasing their risk of accidents.
What are the Typical Motorcycle Injuries?
Motorcycle accidents can result in various types of injuries, ranging from minor to severe. Some of the typical motorcycle injuries include:
- Road Rash: When a motorcyclist slides or skids along the road surface during an accident, it can cause abrasions and friction burns known as road rash. Depending on the severity, road rash can range from minor scrapes to deep, painful wounds.
- Fractures: The impact of a motorcycle accident can cause bone fractures in different parts of the body, including arms, legs, wrists, hands, and ribs. Fractures can vary in severity, from hairline fractures to more severe breaks that require surgery.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries are a significant concern for motorcyclists. Without the protective enclosure of a vehicle, riders are more susceptible to head trauma. This can include concussions, skull fractures, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and even long-term cognitive impairments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Motorcycle accidents can lead to spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis. These injuries have a significant impact on a person’s mobility and quality of life.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Motorcyclists often experience soft tissue injuries such as sprains, strains, and tears in muscles, ligaments, and tendons. These injuries can cause pain, swelling, limited mobility, and may require physical therapy for recovery.
- Internal Injuries: The force of impact in a motorcycle accident can cause internal injuries, including organ damage, internal bleeding, or damage to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or other vital organs. Internal injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Facial Injuries: Motorcyclists are at a higher risk of facial injuries due to the lack of protection. These injuries can involve fractures of the jaw, cheekbones, nose, or eye sockets, as well as lacerations, dental damage, and eye injuries.
Krasney Law specializes in personal injuries (such as the ones listed above) and the firm is dedicated to helping the cause of victims injured in such accidents. They have a proven track record of settling claims and obtaining the best compensation for their clients.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases
There are various types of motorcycle accident cases that can arise due to different circumstances and factors.
Some common types of motorcycle accident cases include:
These cases involve accidents where a motorcycle crashes without any involvement of another vehicle. For example, the motorcycle can hit objects on the road (median, tree, gate etc.), hit (or swerve to avoid hitting) animals/other vehicles, or go out of control (spin, roll over etc).
These could be due to several factors like poor road conditions, defective motorcycle parts, rider error/negligence, speeding, or drunk driving.
Legal counsel must be obtained immediately in order to minimize your liability, especially if you are injured severely. You also may need assistance in proving you are not guilty.
Check out Krasney Law, the specialists who can come to your rescue and advise you on the best course of action in such cases.
Motorcycle and car collisions refer to accidents that occur when a motorcycle and a car are involved in a crash. As mentioned above, these include left-turn accidents, lane change accidents, rear-end collisions, failure to yield, distracted driving, and speeding.
Note that the law is more favorable to car drivers than motorcyclists. It’s believed that the claim for motorcyclists is not equal to that of car drivers. In addition, motorcyclists often feel unfairly treated by police, other motorists, and jurors due to a perceived bias against them. This bias can result in lower compensation for injuries compared to car accidents.
So, how do you overcome this bias?
Hire a good law firm that has experience in dealing with such cases. At Krasney Law, the highly professional attorneys will directly deal with insurance companies to get you fair compensation that covers your medical bills and other charges.
Hit-and-run cases occur when a driver involved in a motorcycle accident flees the scene without providing assistance or exchanging information. Hit and run cases can be either felony (cause injury) or misdemeanor (damage to vehicle/ property).
These cases can present additional challenges in identifying the responsible party; it’s important to track them down as they are liable to pay the damages to the victim. Therefore, it’s extremely critical to hire an accident lawyer or firm that knows how to handle such cases, irrespective of whether you’re the perpetrator or the victim.
For example, Krasney Law’s attorneys are skilled at tracking down missing drivers based on the evidence obtained at the scene. They can also support you in reporting the accident, filing claims through uninsured motorist claims, and securing the appropriate punishment for the guilty party.
How Krasney Law Can Help You
Krasney Law is a California-based law firm specializing in personal injury cases. Headquartered in San Bernardino, our firm is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal services and striving for the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Our expertise covers a wide range of personal injury areas, including motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian incidents, car accidents, slips, falls, burns, collisions, airplane crashes, wrongful death accidents, and other personal injury cases.
With extensive experience in motorcycle incidents and presence in Rancho Cucamonga, Krasney Law is strategically well-placed as your go-to source for legal advice in California. The skilled lawyers in the firm have sound investigative capabilities and are extremely well-versed in dealing with insurance companies, who can otherwise try to reduce the payouts.
The Legal Team
Krasney Law also boasts of an impressive, highly experienced, and a formidable legal team. With an unwavering commitment to providing exceptional legal representation, our attorneys possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise in various areas of law. From personal injury and wrongful death cases to motor vehicle accidents, we are well-equipped to navigate complex legal matters on behalf of our clients.
At Krasney Law, our attorneys strive to achieve the best possible outcomes, fighting vigorously for the rights and interests of those we represent. We strongly believe in providing customized services and we are always just a call away; no matter wherever you are, we are ready to go the extra mile.
Our Mission And Vision
Our mission at Krasney Law is to deliver top-tier legal assistance to our clients in personal injury or accident cases. This is deeply ingrained in every member of our staff. We prioritize preparedness, do diligent work, and maintain strong client relationships.
Our vision going forward is to constantly innovate, provide the most cost-effective services and achieve success in all our endeavors.
How do we help?
As explained above, we have one of the most robust and result-oriented staff at the firm.
Our team of lawyers and other staff (comprising investigators, accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts) do their due diligence on accidents in depth.
They then collate all the evidence needed to claim damages and establish clear liability in case of accidents, collisions, or personal injuries.
The team determines the best way to get compensation by rigorously examining the situation. Once done, they can help you sue the insurance company (or the other party) for maximum damages. At Krasney Law, we are dedicated to tirelessly advocating for your rights, ensuring sufficient coverage of your medical and other expenses; also accounting for the physical and emotional hardships you endure.
Alternatively, we can also negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the best possible settlement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do immediately after a motorcycle accident?
Check your passenger and other people involved, if any, for injuries, Get their contact information if you can. Seek medical assistance and call 911 at once.
File a police report immediately and obtain the contact information of the police officers on the scene if possible. Take photos of the scene for later reference.
Before contacting your insurance provider, call a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible who can guide you through the situation.
- How long do I have to file a motorcycle accident claim in Rancho Cucamonga?
California imposes a statute of limitations for filing personal injury lawsuits, which currently stands at two years from the accident date. It is crucial to take legal action within this time frame to preserve your right to seek compensation for the accident. Failure to do so may result in the loss of this opportunity.
- Can I still pursue a claim if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Yes, you can. Contact your insurance provider to cover damages. However, please note that you may be liable to cover expenses for the other driver as well. And, once it is determined that the fault lies with both, the jury will decide the amount of compensation you will receive (depending on the degree of fault).
Krasney Law can help you file a claim for comparative negligence so you can get fair compensation.
- What if the other driver is uninsured or underinsured?
California mandates the inclusion of underinsured motorist insurance (UIM) in auto insurance policies. This provides coverage for personal injury expenses in situations where you are involved in a car accident with a motorist who has inadequate or no insurance at all.
However, it’s important to note that UIM benefits are limited to the extent of your personal liability insurance and do not extend to property damage.
- How much does it cost to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer at Krasney Law?
Krasney Law costs are very reasonable; we invest in you from day 1! We absorb most of the costs when dealing with your case starting from obtaining police reports, medical reports, and other necessary documents. Since we guarantee results, you pay only if you win, that is, if there is no recovery, you don’t pay anything!
Get in Touch With Us
Whether or not you are in California, it is easy to contact us at Krasney Law. Let our experts take over and seal the deal for you. Contact us and schedule a free consultation now! You can also follow us on Facebook or Twitter for regular legal updates.